This page aims to provide a comprehensive “map” of initiatives and organizations that meet the following criteria:
- there is a focus on fact-checking, verification, or open source intelligence (OSINT)
- stories / posts / explainers etc. are digitally accessible to the public
- the creators are based in one of the 27 member states of the EU (or in the UK, which was still a part of the union when EDMO was conceived)
For now, this repository features:
- an actual map with names and locations of relevant organizations (zoomable)
- a table with extended information (sortable, searchable)
- an editorial section featuring short portraits of individual operations
You’re welcome to share all material on social media (please give EDMO credit).
If you like to contribute to the map, e.g. by providing additional data or pointing out missing initiatives, feel free to get in touch via email@example.com. We are also happy to feature your organization in the editorial section.
Please note: Since a lot of initiatives use terms like “fact-check” or “fact finder” as a part of their name, we have added parent organizations in CAPITAL LETTERS. This makes it easier to distinguish between initiatives. It also allows you to see at a glance if a particular organization runs more than one service (e.g. there is FRANCEINFO Désintox, FRANCEINFO L’oeil du 20 heures, FRANCEINFO Le vrai du faux, FRANCEINFO Vrai ou fake?, and FRANCEINFO L’instant detox).